Are You Suffering From Chronic Neck Pain?
When I first began treatment at Advanced Health and Rehabilitation Center, the pain in my back was excruciating! Now after my 2 month treatment plan, I am able to turn from side to side without a problem. The entire staff is great, also!!!
Maryann C. – Greenville, NC
When I came my pain was at a level 9. After receiving my first treatment I could see a big difference. As I continued my treatments for the next few weeks I could feel that I was improving each day. I am now in my third week and my pain level is at a 2. As I continued my treatments I know that I will be pain free. Thanks to Advanced Health and its staff.
Yvette M. – Greenville, NC
Our Greenville medical clinic can treat persistent neck pain caused by the following conditions:
- Cervical herniated disc
- Pinched, injured, or compressed nerve(s)
- Muscle strains
- Sports and occupational injuries
- Incorrect posture for extended periods of time
- Accidents (auto injury, personal injury)
- Various conditions such as degenerative disc disease or arthritis
- Tension headaches and migraines
Do you need effective pain relief NOW?
Our advanced medical treatments are non-invasive, safe, and effective, because they treat the actual cause of your symptoms. Unlike the superficial relief provided by surgery or drug based treatments, our holistic therapies provide real healing without the drawback of side effects or extended recovery time. And because our treatments are medically proven, they are covered under Medicare and most major insurance policies.
Contact Advanced Health & Rehabilitation Center now for your FREE consultation:
More than just a pain in the neck
Most of the time, neck pain is nothing more than an occasional nuisance. Though extremely unpleasant, it usually goes away on its own with proper rest for the next few days. But when the pain is intense, or when it keeps on coming back, you may have something more serious that requires proper medical treatment.
Since our neck is where our spine begins, problems that originate there can affect other parts of your body. Untreated neck pain can trigger a variety of serious secondary symptoms such as: headaches, shoulder pain, backaches, and even numbness in your hands, arms, back, and legs.
Severe and chronic neck pain can be caused by a variety of circumstances. The leading causes of neck pain are:
- Muscle strain—this can happen by moving your neck the wrong way, prolonged hunching at your desk, and even while reading in your bed
- Degenerating joints—this is usually a combination of advancing age and a progressive condition like osteoarthritis of degenerative disc disease
- Compressed or injured nerves—nerves can get pinched due to injury, muscle knots, or progressive conditions like degenerative disc disease
- Injuries—car accidents, sports, and workplaces are the most common sources
- Disease/progressive conditions—this includes meningitis, osteoarthritis, cancer, and disc degenerative disease
How do I know if I should get treatment for my neck pain?
Nobody wants to waste time and money by going to a doctor when they don’t need to. There’s no need to panic at the first instance of pain, given how often benign neck pain occurs. However, you don’t want to make things worse (and more expensive down the road) by brushing off your symptoms either. Your neck pain may require immediate medical treatment if:
- The pain has lasted more than a few days
- The pain refuses to dissipate or is getting worse
- You are feeling weakness, numbness, or tingling at your neck or other parts of your body
- You experience dizziness and loss of bowel and bladder control
- If you can’t move a part of your body
- If the pain is intense enough to wake you from sleep
- If the pain occurs with chest pain, nausea, or shortness of breath
Though neck pain is usually a temporary inconvenience, it’s important to pay attention to your symptoms to make sure that you’re not ignoring anything serious. Even pain that is not that severe can be a sign of an urgent condition if it keeps on recurring.
Your health and well-being always comes first here at Advanced Health & Rehabilitation Center. Call us today at (252) 321-3579 for your free consultation, and discover the benefits of healing without drugs or surgery. For your convenience, you can also reserve your free consultation online by submitting a contact request.
When I first came into Advanced Health I was in so much pain that I couldn’t sleep at night. The staff they were really concerned and they cared. Now that I have completed all my treatment I am back at my potential. Thanks to the staff at Advanced Health. And I would like to give a special thanks to Tricia for pushing me throughout the process.
Demetrius F. – Greenville, NC